Hosting on Twitch isn’t really hard. You can host other channels on your own channel by following a few steps. It’s doable from both Smartphone & PC. So, it doesn’t matter which device you have with you, to start or stop hosting. Read the methods below to learn how to host on twitch.
How to host on Twitch
There are two possible ways to host videos on Twitch. We’re listing both of them below,
If you want to host a channel automatically (whenever it is online)
- First login to your Twitch account.
- Then go to “Settings” > “Channel & Videos“.
- Inside “Channel & Videos“ find “Host List“.
- Now, click on the “+” icon to add one or more channels you want to host.
- Now whenever that channel starts streaming, their video will stream on your channel as well. However, if you’re streaming on your channel yourself at that time, then it’ll not stream on your channel until you stop your stream.
- When you have multiple channels listed, the channel on the top of the list will be the one streaming, in case there are multiple channels that are streaming at that exact same time.
- If you want to a channel from the hosting list, click on the “x” icon on the right side of the channel name (in the list).
If you want to host manually (once at a time)
- For this, again you’ll need to login to your Twitch account first.
- Now, open your own Channel page on your Smartphone (use the Twitch smartphone app) or PC.
- Go to the chat box and type “/host channel_name“. Here “channel_name” needs to be replaced with the name of the channel you want to host.
- Click on “Send” in case you’re using your Smartphone or “Chat” in case you’ve opened it on your PC.
- If the other person whose “channel_name” you’ve entered, is streaming at that moment, that same video will now stream on your channel as well.
- If you want to stop the hosting, type “/unhost” in the chat box.
That would be all. Now you know how to host on Twitch in different scenarios. In case you run into any confusion, please ask your questions in the comments section below. We’ll definitely clear your doubts. Also, if you want us to do a tutorial on related topics or something else, please let us know.