Xfinity routers come with various indicator lights that state the status of the device. For example, a steady white light means your router is on, while a steady red light means your device has no internet connection. But what does it mean when your blinking Xfinity router orange Light? Your Xfinity router flashing orange indicates that it is undergoing a firmware update.
Wait for 15 minutes and the upgrade will be complete successfully. If your Xfinity router is still flashing orange after 15 minutes, unplug it, wait a minute, and then plug it back in to reset the device. An Xfinity router flashing orange without an internet connection can be a frustrating experience if you don’t know what to do about it. Fortunately, we have some proven tips to help you troubleshoot and fix this problem.
1. Try an Ethernet Connection:
There may be problems with your wireless connection, subsequently causing your router to incorrectly disconnect from the network and blink orange. If that’s the case, connecting to your router using an Ethernet cable can help resolve the issue. Most Xfinity routers include an Ethernet cable in the package, so you don’t need to buy a new one separately.
Here are the steps:
- Unplug all cables and wires from the router
- Take a hardwired Ethernet cable and connect one end to your router
- Connect the other end to your modem
- Plug all wires back into their respective ports
- Connect your Xfinity router and modem to their power outlets
- Test your internet connection.
2. Check for Loose Cables:
Sometimes your router can glow orange due to loose wires or damaged cables. You may have accidentally disconnected your router cables while moving the device or doing routine cleaning around it. Extreme kinks and bends or friction, or even cuts along cables can trigger your router to flash orange. The solution to this problem is very straightforward. You only need to check your device for loose cables and plug them back in. Also if you notice any damaged cables, replace them immediately.
3. Reboot Router:
You should always reboot or power cycle your router if there is a problem. Because almost any problem can be solved with this simple fix. However, if that doesn’t work you can skip to the next solution. However, before we continue, restart the router.
Rebooting an Xfinity router can be done using the Xfinity app or manually. But, if the orange light on your router is blinking, your network connection is probably not working, so the Xfinity app won’t work much. So, you have to fix the problem manually. To do so, disconnect the router from the power source. And, reconnect the router after 10-15 seconds. That’s it.
4. Service Outage:
Signal strength is also affected during service outages, causing the orange light to blink. So, check if the service is down by opening the Xfinity app on your android device. All orange lights should be fixed after the service interruption is over. And, the best thing to do in this situation is to wait or contact your ISP to get some additional information about this issue.
You can follow a few steps below to connect through the Xfinity app:
- First, check if your service is interrupted.
- Next, open the Xfinity My Account app on your smartphone.
- You must be signed in to your Comcast account.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Check for Service Interruptions’ button.
- Xfinity customer support will also help you if you run into any issues with your router.
5. Verify Minimum System Requirements:
If your Xfinity router is flashing orange after you just purchased it and set it up, check and verify your laptop meets the minimum system requirements. Different Xfinity router models have minimum system requirements. The most basic requirements are:
- Operating System – A mainstream Microsoft- or Apple-supported OS
- Ethernet – Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable
- CPU/Processor – Quad-core Intel Core i5
- Browser – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer
- If your equipment does not meet these requirements, it will not function properly or efficiently. You may experience weak signals and painful speeds.To resolve this issue and ensure compatibility, upgrade your devices and equipment.
6. Contact Xfinity Support:
If none of the above solutions work, consider contacting Xfinity Customer Support for further assistance. Xfinity customer support agents are available 24 hours a day via phone and live chat.
A customer care representative will check and confirm if there are any service interruptions in your area. They will also guide you through the steps to properly set up your Xfinity router. If necessary, the company can send a technician to your residence or office to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
When an Xfinity router is flashing orange it is not normal router behavior. So, please fix it immediately. You can try all of the solutions above before contacting Xfinity support. You can also contact the support team if you find it too difficult to try to fix the orange light issue yourself. We hope the above-discussed guide will definitely help you and if you have any queries regarding this guide then comment in the comment section.