Avast is one of the greatest antivirus software on the globe. It delivers complete security solutions for PC. Since this is the era of digitalization and everything is online, using antivirus software is always advised. Due to this, security breaking is permanently a potential threat.
Along with antivirus software, Avast Browser makes your online experience very fast and safe from viruses and hackers. Also, Avast Secure Browser popping up every time you start your laptop is very annoying. So you can stop the Avast browser from opening on startup. In this post, we have listed techniques to stop Avast Secure browsers from opening during startup.
1. Modify Avast Browser Settings:
The browser often starts on startup due to the “Automatically launch Avast Secure Browser when your system starts” feature in the web browser settings menu. Therefore, you can stop Avast Secure Browser startup by changing Avast browser settings.
Here are the detailed steps to do it.
- First, run Avast Secure Browser on your computer.
- Tap the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Click on the Settings option in the drop-down menu.
- In the Settings menu, click the On Startup option in the left panel.
- Then go to the right side of the menu and disable the Automatically launch the secure browser when you start your computer option.
2. Uninstall the Avast Secure Browser:
If the above method fails to work, you can uninstall Avast Secure Browser directly. Then try an alternate browser. If you want to uninstall the browser then you can follow the below steps.
- Open Settings and then click Apps.
- In the next window, go to the right until you find Avast Secure Browser, and then scroll down the content.
- Click on the browser and click Uninstall. If you are prompted with a confirmation window, click Uninstall to allow the operation.
3. Check Avast Antivirus Configurations:
You may notice the Avast browser open on startup even if you disable the browser. This may be caused by Avast-related products on your computer. For example, Avast Browser may be bundled with Avast Antivirus.
- For that, you can change Avast Antivirus configurations to stop Avast Secure Browser startup. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Run window by holding down the Windows and R keys, then type control and press Enter.
- In the Control Panel window, click Programs and Features.
- Find Avast Antivirus in the next window and then right-click on it.
- Click the Change option next to the Uninstall option.
- After the Avast Antivirus configuration window appears, uncheck the browser option.
- Restart your PC
4. Turn Off Avast Secure Browser Startup Option:
If you have turned on the “Automatic Startup” feature in your Avast Browser, it may lead to this problem. So, make sure the Avast Startup option is turned off. Here’s how to turn off the Avast Secure Browser Startup feature.
- First, open Avast Secure Browser on your device.
- Now, click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner.
- From the given menu, click on the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down on the Settings page and find the “Startup” section.
- Here, turn off the “Automatically launch Avast Secure Browser when your computer starts” option.
- Exit the window and restart your browser.
- Now, reboot your device and check if Avast still opens on startup.
5. Disable Avast Browser On Startup In Task Manager:
If the application process is not properly closed, Avast Browser will continue to open at startup. Running processes in Task Manager will start automatically on reboot. So, disable Avast Browser in the Startup tab of Task Manager to stop Avast Browser from opening on startup.
- Go to the start menu and right-click on it. Open Task Manager from the given menu.
- Now, click on the “Startup” tab and find Avast Secure Browser in the list of apps.
- Right-click on Avast Secure Browser and select “Disable”.
- Now, Avast Browser will no longer open on startup.
6. Switch To Another Web Browser:
Still, the same problem? If you have tried all the methods given above to stop Avast Browser from opening on startup, but the web browser still has the same problem, it is better to say goodbye to Avast Secure Browser. Uninstall Avast from your computer and download a secure and reliable web browser.
There are many web browsers available online that ensure safe and secure browsing. You can check their thoughts and install a web browser that has the characteristics for your requirements. You should also ensure that your web browser does not take a single action without your permission. So, uninstall Avast Secure Browser and get another alternative for it.
That’s how to stop the avast browser from opening on startup. If your Avast browser opens on startup or when you restart or reboot your device, try the methods given in this post. Hope you can solve the problem with these simple methods. If you have any questions related to this guide then comment in the comment box.