Sony is consistently widely known for its unparalleled consoles that have taken over the entire gaming community. PlayStation 4 is one of the many successful and widely accepted consoles that have become mainstream among top gamers. However, despite its most famous success, every console often suffers from problems. One of the most common problems faced by many gamers is error code CE-34878-0.
Simply put, error code CE-34878-0 means an error of a general nature that indicates the fact that the game you are currently playing has crashed. It also indicates that your game might have some data corruption. Several factors can cause this error. Below we provide some solutions to fix error code CE-34878-0 on PS4.
1. Reboot Your PS4:
Do you want to know how to fix the error code CE-34878-0? As with most bugs, you can fix error code CE-34878-0 by doing a simple restart. It reloads many files on the system, giving you a complete refresh of everything running. Here’s how you can do it.
- Select the Power button on the Function screen
- Select “Turn off PS4”.
- Unplug the PS4 power cable from the outlet
- Wait 30 to 60 seconds
- Plug the PS4 back in using the cable
- Turn on the PS4 and wait for it to load
After doing this, you can try relaunching the game or application that caused the CE-34878-0 error. If the error doesn’t reappear, your problem is solved. However, sometimes the error pops up but it takes longer than usual. In this case, we recommend rebooting your PS4 again but this time, wait 10 minutes before turning it on. If the error code CE-34878-0 takes longer to appear, the problem may be due to overheating. To fix this, try to verify if the fan is working and if anything is blocking the vents. If not, it’s probably time to clean the PS4 or reapply the thermal paste.
2. Disable Face Recognition:
You can also choose to disable facial recognition software on your PS4 if the error code CE-34878-0 persists. We’re not sure why this solution works, but it doesn’t hurt to try if nothing else fixes the problem. To disable facial recognition, follow these steps:
- Go to your PlayStation home screen
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “User”.
- Navigate to “Login Settings”.
- Uncheck the “Enable Face Recognition” tick boxThen, return to the game or different apps that prompted error code CE-34878-0. Check if it is initialized properly or if the problem is not resolved.
3. Adjust PS4 Display Settings:
Some users reported that adjusting their display settings helped them get rid of the CE-34878-0 error. They usually choose a resolution of 720p or lower, which helps reduce system strain. You can try any of the lower resolutions one at a time and see what works for you. To adjust the display, follow the given steps:
- Navigate to the PlayStation home screen
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Sound and Screen”.
- Select “Video Output Settings”.
- Tap “Resolution”.
Choose the default resolution you want (480p, 720p, 1080i or 1080p)
4. Rebuild Your PS4 Database:
If nothing else works when fixing error CE-34878-0, try rebuilding your PS4 database. You can achieve this through the given steps:
- Turn off your PS4
- Press and hold the Power button and release it after two beeps to put it in “Safe Mode”
- Once in “Safe Mode”, connect the PS4 to the DualShock 4 controller with a USB cable
- Press the PS button on the controller
- Select the “Rebuild Database” option
5. Install the Newest PS4 Firmware Version:
Mostly this step is done automatically by your PS4, but you may need to do it manually sometimes. Go into your system settings and select “System Software Update”. If there is an update file for the latest version, click on it if it doesn’t update automatically.
6. Power Cycling PS4:
If restarting the PS4 doesn’t fix the error, power cycling your PS4 is another popular technique. What power cycling essentially does is remove all cache and junk files from the system and ensure smooth performance.
To power cycle the PS4, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the PS4 until you hear the system beep twice.
- Next, unplug the power cord from the back of the PS4 and wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the PS4 and press the power button again to turn the system back on.
7. Update the Game:
Sometimes updating the game can fix the ce-34878-0 error. To update a PS4 game, you must have an Internet connection and enough storage space on your PS4 or external hard drive. Here’s how to update your game.
- Turn on your PS4 and connect to the Internet.
- Go to the home screen and select the game you want to update.
- Press the “Options Button” on the controller and tap on “Check for Update”.
- If an update is available, it will start downloading automatically.
- Wait for the download to complete. Depending on the size of the update and the speed of your Internet connection, this may take a few minutes or several hours. Once the download is complete, the update will be installed automatically. After installing the update, you will be prompted to restart the game.
Here, in the above article, we will give our best to provide all information and the most effective solutions to fix the CE-34878-0 error on PS4. I hope you will definitely get rid of this error code CE-34878-0 on PS4 after following all solutions. If your game is freezing or lagging, you can use Game Booster to improve your gaming performance. Apart from this, if you have any queries regarding this topic, comment in the comment section. We hope this article will help you to solve this problem.