WUDFRd is a very important system process for Windows PC. You can find the system file WUDFRd.sys in /C>Windows>System32>Drivers. The Windows process is a part of Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework Reflector or Windows Driver Foundation – Reflektor für Benutzer Modus-Treiber Framework and belongs to software by Microsoft. The system file is shown as an error message – “Failed to load driver WUDFRd device.” After the update. This can be due to a number of reasons and it can show up as misbehaving device drivers.
If you have recently seen the error- WUDFRd driver failed to load, it is because the drivers on your computer are not compatible with the operating system. This issue is mostly seen with people upgrading to Windows 10 or updating the version of Windows. This process disables Windows drivers running on your system. So, it is necessary to fix driver WUDFRd failed-to-load issues in Windows 10. In this blog post, we provide you with an effective solution to this problem. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned for the methods given below.
1. Update Drivers:
Updating drivers is another successful method to update device drivers after a Windows update. In case, you are still seeing WUFRd driver error on your computer, updating Windows may not help. Now you need to update the device drivers in your laptop to avoid this error message. We recommend using Advanced Driver Updater, a software used to get automatic updates for device drivers on your computer. It is an effective tool for Windows 10 when the device driver is missing, incompatible or outdated. It can also fix faulty and corrupted device drivers and help the devices to function smoothly.
Follow the steps given below to update the device drivers on your computer to fix WUDFRd failed to load Windows 10 issue.
- Download Advanced Driver Updater from the below link.
- Get the latest Christmas deal to get a discount.
- Click on the setup file and complete the installation successfully.
- When Advanced Driver Updater starts, it will ask for permission to make changes to your computer. Grant the permission and it will start scanning for device drivers on the system.
- The scan results will be shown in a few minutes, they will be shown in list form. You can clearly check the status of device drivers in the tool.
- To update all outdated device drivers, check the Outdated items and click Update All.
- Advanced Driver Updater has a huge database for verified device driver updates and it installs the latest versions of drivers on your computer. It will take a few minutes and once completed, you will see the message.
- You can also schedule an automatic update scan for your system with Advanced Driver Updater.
2. Check Windows Drivers Services Settings:
This method will help you to solve the problem with WUDFRd driver error. Here you need to fix the Windows service to make the computer run smoothly. Follow the steps below to know how to fix the driver WUDFRd failed to load error-
- Go to the desktop and press the Windows key + R.
- In the Run command windows, type the following.
- In this newly opened Windows for Services, look for Windows Driver Foundation Service.
- Now, right-click on Windows Driver Foundation and select Properties.
- In this window go to the General tab and look for the status on startup.
- Here select Automatically disabled and then click on Apply.
3. Reinstall USB controllers:
This is another method to fix WUDFRd failed to load your Windows 10 error. Follow these steps to resolve the issues by uninstalling the USB controllers first.
- Open the Run command by typing run in the search bar on the taskbar.
- Type it as devmgmt. msc and click on enter.
- In the Device Manager tab, go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- A WUDFRd driver error may be caused by an externally connected USB device. Therefore, we will start by uninstalling each USB driver on this list. To do so, you need to right-click on the USB driver and then select the Uninstall button.
- Now restart your computer and check if the error message appears. Now if you are free from WUDFRd driver error then the problem will be solved as the USB drivers are installed. Or you can check back for the next steps.
- If you still see the error message, open Device Manager again. Now go to Action and select Scan for hardware changes.
- USB drivers should be updated manually or by using the above method using a driver updater such as Advanced Driver Updater.
This concludes the post with all possible methods to fix driver WUDFRd failed to load error on Windows PC. Updating Windows to the latest version and making changes to power settings can also be helpful. We recommend using Advanced Driver Updater to fix WUDFRd driver and other device driver-related issues for Windows. We hope this article helps you to fix WUDFRd failed to load error in Windows 10. We want to know your views to make this post more useful. Your suggestions and comments are welcome in the comment section below.