Fortnite is a free online battle royale video game developed and published by Epic Games in 2017. The game is available on Android, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One, and Macintosh platforms. It is one of the famous online battle royale games that look like animated cartoon characters, graphics, and more. Now, talking about battle royale games, the voice chat feature is one of the most useful features in the gameplay, especially for the multiplayer mode.
If you’re facing a Fortnite voice chat not working issue, check out our guide on how to fix it. To be more specific, there could be a few reasons behind the problem with the voice chat feature in your Fortnite game. The problem may be with your games, or with your microphone or adapter, or even with an outdated audio driver on your computer. So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive into the possible solutions below.
Solution1: Turn Voice Chats Off and on:
The first method to fix voice chat not working in Fortnite is to turn off voice chat and trigger a reboot of the system.
This is a simple fix that will often fix any glitch that causes it to malfunction. You can follow these steps:
- Turn on your gaming console
- Go to settings
- Select the Speaker button
- Turn off your console for a few seconds
- Turn your console back on
- Go to chat settings again
- Turn on the voice chat option
- Go back to the first screen and then you can log into Fortnite
- Both Xbox and PS4 have a very simple process to use these settings, so you should have no trouble following the steps. The voice chat option is a favorite among players, and they make sure it’s easy to access and manipulate.
This will help reset the system and fix any glitch or error that is preventing the console from recognizing your microphone. If this is a common problem like this, this method should solve your problem.
Solution2: Turn on the Audio in Fortnite:
Another way you can activate your voice chat option is to use a feature that teams use when working together. This activation process is very similar for both PS4 and Xbox, so you can follow the steps below to activate this feature.
- Log in to your console and look for options at the top of the home screen
- Select options to create a party
- Make sure you mark it as a private party and select Create
- Now go back to party settings
- Select the chat audio setting
- Change the setting to say Give priority to game chats
- Apply these settings
- Test if the voice chat is working when you use this method, you are transferring your voice chats from your console to the Fortnite game. After that, the console game prioritizes voice chats. This bypasses your normal voice chat settings and allows you to chat with other players even if you’re not part of a team. This is a great solution to fix your voice chat not working without buying additional hardware or other equipment.
3. Install the latest Fortnite patch:
Fortnite developers regularly issue game patches to fix bugs. A recent update is likely to fix the issue due to the Fortnite issue with voice chat not working. If you are using Epic Game Launcher, you can check for the latest Fortnite patch by following the steps below:
- Run the launcher.
- On the left, click Library, click the gear button on the right, and select Fortnite from the bottom-right corner,
- Turn on the toggle that says Auto Update.
- Restart the launcher and if a patch is available, the launcher will detect and install it automatically when you launch Fortnite.
4. Update your sound card driver:
Our old sound card driver may also be missing because of the chat not working. Updating the graphic driver to the latest version is a necessary solution in this case. If you don’t have time, you can use the automatic driver update tool whose direct download link is provided below. When you use this tool, you don’t need to know exactly what system your laptop is running. Also, you won’t run the risk of downloading and installing any wrong driver, and you won’t have to worry about making mistakes during the installation process.
5. Reinstall Fortnite:
If none of the above fixes solve the chat issue, we recommend you reinstall Fortnite:
- Open the game launcher.
- Go to its library and click on Fortnite’s gear button,
- Click Uninstall to uninstall it.
- Restart your PC,
- On the next startup, open the game launcher, download, and reinstall Fortnite.
When you’re playing Fortnite with your friends, it can be annoying to find out that your voice chat isn’t working. This can cause problems for you and your gameplay, and you want to fix it as soon as possible. Fortunately, there are some uncomplicated methods to crack this problem. Maybe you need your voice chat to communicate with others on your team, or maybe you want to taunt your opponents during combat. Either way, voice chat is a vital feature of recreating Fortnite. You can try the above solutions to fix your voice chat and you can get success with one of them.