However, the PS5 controller is one of the best-designed and most comfortable pieces of hardware available in the gaming market right now. But unfortunately, the PS5 controller is also known for its frequent charging issues which frustrate gamers and they are looking for some practical solutions. If you’re facing the same issues, trust me when I say that you’re not the only one whose PS5 controller won’t charge. But there are solutions you can try if your controller won’t charge or stops drawing power. So check out our detailed guide to know about the various issues that can cause charging failure in the first place and how to fix the problem.
As soon as you find that your PlayStation 5 controller won’t charge, you might think of minor problems like a broken charging cable or a faulty USB port. But sometimes, the problems may be with the PS5 console or controller; So, so it is important to identify where the real problem lies. Don’t worry; In most cases, the charging problem can be fixed at home and you don’t need to interact with Sony customer service for repair. We have listed the most common and common problems you can see to answer why ps5 controller won’t charge. To get out of these dire scenarios, some troubleshooting tips are suggested below.
1. Reset Your PS5 Controller:
The PS5 controller not charging is most likely caused by the controller not working properly. And resetting is useful for many users.
So, let’s configure your controller:
- Make sure you disconnect the controller from the console or any charging port.
- Now you will see a small hole below the L2 button on the back of your controller, that will be your reset button.
- Place a needle or toothpick in the reset hole.
- Press and hold the button for a few seconds and release.
- Restart your controller and check if the PS5 controller not charging is fixed.
2. Update Your PS5 Firmware:
So getting a spare controller and updating your laptop software will fix the PS5 controller not charging. Although it updates automatically, it is better to check for updates yourself.
So, here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure the PS5 is connected to the Internet.
- Go to settings.
- Go to System > System Software
- Then System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates, and don’t try to turn off your PS5 if it’s updating.
3. Check PS5 Controller Charging Port:
If your USB cable is working fine, the problem is with your controller’s charging port. There may be some dirt or dust in the port.
To fix the PS5 controller not charging you should:
- Also, note that many users have had issues charging the controller in rest mode and using a USB-A cable.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 from Solution 1 above.
- You should try to clean the port with a can of compressed air and don’t try to put anything in the port as it will damage it.
- And if the PS5 controller is not charging, you need to replace the charging port with a new one.
- And you can get it from the official website of PlayStation.
- If you can’t fix the PS5 controller then moving to the next fix is not charged.
4. Check PS5 DualSense Controller Charging Cable:
The PS5 controller not charging may be due to your faulty charging USB cable. Since the PS5 controller has an internal battery you are completely dependent on the charging cable.
- Try charging another controller from the same USB charging cable.
- If your controller charges, it means you have a problem on your end of the cable so skip the next steps and follow the upcoming solution.
- And if it doesn’t charge the other controller, you’ve got the wrong cable.
- As a result, if you want to repair the PS5 controller without charging, you need to buy a new one and make sure it is original, which can range from Type-C to Type-A.
5. Getting a Warranty Replacement:
If you can’t charge your PS5 controller using any of the above methods, the problem could be with the battery or the controller’s internal designs. In that case, there’s not much you can do except contact Sony customer support to get a replacement controller with the 1-year warranty provided. However, make sure you don’t otherwise damage the controller or try to pry it open with a screwdriver. Doing so will void your warranty rights.
The DualSense PS5 gaming setup is one of the best and most popular devices on the market, but many gamers struggle to charge their PS5 controller. They asked how to fix the PS5 controller not charging issue. An annoying error is not expected from such a huge brand but there are several reasons for that. We’ve listed the most common causes of PS5 controller charging issues and how you can fix these issues in the future. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to comment or share your thoughts about our content.