Enough for the Chromium action on your PC and now you want to uninstall it? Well, the process is fairly simple. By the way, for those who are confused, Chromium is actually an open-source project from Google, on which many of the popular web browsers are based including Google Chrome & Opera.
However, the Chromium Browser is like an earlier developer version of Google Chrome. It is mainly for developers but, many people install this browser without knowing the actual purpose. So, how to uninstall it then? Well, just follow the steps below & you’re good to go.
How To Uninstall Chromium Browser?
There are two ways to uninstall the Chromium browser from your PC. You can either do that from the “All Apps” list under the search menu or you can do it from the installed app list. The process is slightly different for Windows 10 & older versions like Windows 7 for example. We’ll include solutions for both versions here.
Uninstall From “All Apps” List
- Open the “Start” menu & scroll down until you file Chromium (in Windows 10) or Chromium Folder (in Windows 10)
- In Windows 7, click on the Folder to open it & click on “Uninstall Chromium“. Or, in Windows 10, right-click on Chromium & click “Uninstall” from the newly opened menu.
Uninstall From Installed Apps List
In Windows 7
- Go to Control Panel (Press Windows+R to open “Run”, write “control panel” & click enter)
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a Program (Programs and Features)
- Locate “Chromium” & double click on it to get the Uninstall option.
In Windows 10
- Search for “Add or remove programs” from the Taskbar Search window. Once the option shows up, click on it.
- It’ll take you to the “Apps & features” menu where all the installed apps are located. Locate “Chromium” & click on it.
- The Uninstall option will now show up. Click on it to get the process started.
That’s it. You literally learned how you can uninstall Chromium from your Windows PC. By learning this, you have now become one of the few people to learn this and now you can become a Geek Star among your friends. Also, you can get a regular Geek Guide from us here. In case you still have questions, drop them in the comments section.