As the successor of PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 is very popular among game lovers. Some of them faced PS5 not turning on issues. Here, MiniTool provides some methods to solve the problem. If you are facing the same problem, you can try. The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is a home video console developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was released worldwide on November 12, 2020, as the successor to the PlayStation 4. Users can play a huge number of PS4 games and PS5 games with this console.
As expected, PS5 is very popular among game lovers. According to Sony, around 10.1 million consoles have shipped as of June 30, 2021. The PS5 was also the best-selling console in several countries in its first two weeks. Unfortunately, some users face the “PS5 not turning on” problem. In some cases, the PS5 turns off immediately when the power button is pressed. It may also beep or flash a white light during the process. The problem may be annoying, but please don’t get upset if you face the same problem. Here are some solutions you can try.
1. Clean the Inside of Your PS5 Console:
Dust can clog the fan and prevent your PS5 console from cooling properly, which can eventually cause overheating and other hardware malfunctions. Therefore, it’s a good idea to clean the inside of your PS5 console, especially when you’ve been playing PS5 for months.
To clean the console, you need to prepare soft cloths, strong isopropyl alcohol, and a compressed air duster. When you choose a cloth, please make sure it does not leave a residue. A compressed air duster usually has a thin and long nozzle that can easily clean the corners that the hands cannot reach. You can buy one on Amazon.
- Disconnect all cables from your PS5 console and place the console on a desk.
- Wait a few minutes. Then use a compressed air duster to blow out any dust and debris from the ports as well as the fan exhaust.
- Use a cloth splashed with some alcohol to carefully wipe down the entire console. Then wipe the console again with a dry cloth.
You don’t need to remove the white case of your PS5 console to complete a simple cleanup. But if necessary, you can easily open the case to clean the internal parts with a compressed air duster. Please be careful when you clean them so as not to damage those small parts. After cleaning your PS5 console, make sure it is completely dry, then try to turn on the console.
2. Update System Software:
If you can enter Safe Mode, you can try downloading the latest version of the system software on a USB storage device such as a USB flash drive, then install the system software in Safe Mode to fix the PS5 problem. Please note that the USB flash drive must be formatted as a FAT32 file system before updating the PS5 system software. You can connect your USB flash drive to a Windows computer and format it with File Explorer, Disk Management, or Command Prompt. MiniTool Partition Wizard can also help. Now, let’s see how to format to FAT32 with MiniTool Partition Wizard.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the Windows PC. Then download, install, and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard.
- In the MiniTool Partition Wizard, right-click the partition on your USB flash drive and choose Format.
- In the pop-up window, select FAT32 for the file system. Then click OK to continue.
- When you return to the main interface, click the Apply button in the lower left corner to start the formatting process.
- Press Win + E to open File Explorer. Then access your USB flash drive and create a new folder named PS5. Open the PS5 folder and then create a new folder named UPDATE.
- Download the official PS5 update file to the UPDATE folder and you should
- Open your favorite web browser and visit Official PS5 System Software Update.
- Scroll down to find the download update file for the PS5 console.
- Right-click on the PS update file under the section and select the Save Link option. In the pop-up window, open the UPDATE folder and click Save. Wait patiently and you will get a file called PS5UPDATE.PUP.
- Now eject the USB flash drive and connect it to your PS5 console. Boot your PS5 in Safe Mode and select the third option Update System Software.
- In the next window, select Update from USB storage device > OK.
- You need to wait patiently until it is done and check if PS5 white light not turning on is fixed.
3. Check the Power Supply:
When you can’t turn on the PS5, try rebooting the console. If the PS5 cannot turn on your Android device, you need to check the power supply. Please disconnect the AC (Alternating Current) power cord and check if it is damaged. If it is damaged, you should try contacting the seller to get a new one. Otherwise, wait a few minutes and then plug the power cord back in properly. After that, try powering on your console again to check if the problem is gone.
If the PS5 won’t turn on the problem, you should try disconnecting the power cord and plugging it into a different socket to supply power to the console. Then try to turn on the console. If it fails to turn on again, you should move on to the next solution.
Are you bothered by PS5 white light not turning on or PS5 not turning on beeping? Please try the above methods. What works for your case? You can share your experiences with us in the comment zone below. For any problems with MiniTool software, you can contact email@example.com.