Broccoli is adaptable, nutritious as hell, easy to make at home. It is the vegetable we reach for when we need a little something extra to round out a meal. Buy vegetables that have a green color with no major brown or yellowing spots. Whereas, it’s cleansing, healthful, high in vitamin C, protein, and fiber. Broccoli can be eaten raw, but blanching it quickly in boiling water helps give it a more crispy texture and bring out its flavor. It can also be steamed and roasted. You could even throw long spears on the grill. In this article, you will find details about how to cook broccoli at home with our step by step guide.
How To Cook Broccoli At Home
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Make sure the broccoli is as dry as possible.
- Toss the broccoli florets and stems with a few teaspoons of oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Spread the broccoli on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes
- Serve immediately
2. Steaming on the Stovetop
- Fill a pot with a few inches of water and insert a steamer basket over top.
- Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the steamer basket.
- Bring the water to a stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli florets and stems and cover. Steam for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Steaming in the Microwave
- Place the broccoli florets and stems in a microwave and pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of water over the top.
- Cover with a dinner plate
- Keep the microwave high for 4 to 5 mins.
- Remove the lid carefully and check if the broccoli is tender.
- Microwave an additional 1-minute if necessary.
Dress with your favorite topping with butter, olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon zest or juice, seasoned rice vinegar, black pepper, toasted almonds, or sesame seeds.