Firstly, memory foam mattresses are very popular in the market nowadays. Whereas, these kinds of mattresses mold to your body shape and distribute to your weight. If you are investing in a foam mattress then it also important to know how to clean memory foam mattress. Most of the hours we spend on our mattress apart from sleeping. Whereas, your body sweat, body odor, and hair accumulate in the bed. In fact, we wash our bed sheet regularly but it is also important to clean your mattress regularly. In this article, you will find details about how to clean memory foam mattresses. Also, you will find our step by step guide to clean memory foam mattresses.
- Why Are Mattresses So Expensive
- Best Mattresses For Stomach Sleepers
- The Best Mattresses That You Can Buy On Amazon
How To Clean Memory Foam Mattresses?
There are different ways to clean memory foam mattresses which you will find below in this article.
- Vacuuming the foam mattresses
- Cleaning the stain
- Cleaning the spills
Step By Step Guide To Clean Memory Foam Mattresses
1. Vacuuming the foam mattresses
- Take off the bedding materials: Remove all your blankets, mattress cover, pillows, sheet, etc.
- Connect the upholstery attachment in the vacuum cleaner: You will need your upholstery attachment in the vacuum cleaner to clean your mattress.
- Vacuum the mattress: After attaching the upholstery vacuum the mattress from the top side and flip the mattress and also vacuum the bottom.
2. Cleaning the Stains
- Take a limited amount of water and cleaning liquid: You should take an excessive amount of water and cleaning agent. You shot not soak the mattress with water or cleaning liquid.
- Choose the best cleaning agent: vinegar, baking soda or an enzymatic can be the best cleaning agent.
- Spray the cleaning agent: Spray the agent on the stain and leave for 5 minutes fro cleaning agents to settle down.
- Remove the stain: Remove the stain as much as possible from a dry cloth in up and down direction.
- Dry the mattress: Dry out the mattress in your backyard or balcony where the sunlight is essential.
3. Cleaning the Spills
- Dry out the spills: Dry the spill as soon a possible
- Remove the liquid: Clean the spills from clean cotton cloth and soak out the spills.
- Dry it from a fan: Set up a fan in front of the mattress and direction toward the spills.