Android users use the Google Play Store to download, install and update various apps on their smartphones. Undoubtedly, the Google play store is the best and trusted source for users who love to download their preferred apps, but users often face some errors like Error 492 in Play Store which we will discuss today at Fixerrs.com.
Android users face this particular error on your smartphones when they try to update their apps with Google Play Store. Updating apps on your phone whenever an update is available is important and should be done, but what if you get an error while updating like Play Store error 492? We will help you and list some ways to fix these errors.
1. Reinstall The App:
When you keep facing the same error, you need to reinstall the app once. What you need to do is stop downloading any app from the play store and close the app. Now open the play store app once again and try to install the same application you were trying before.
For most users, this method works like magic. Of course, if you are getting the same error while updating the app, tap on OK and uninstall the app. Then reinstall it. Hopefully, the error will be fixed now.
2. Format Your SD Card:
As mentioned above, error 492 in the play store of your SD card can also be a problem, so it is better to format the SD card once and check if the error is fixed.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- Now go into settings and look for storage and then click on it or look for the next step.
- After that, scroll down to see the SD card. Here you can get how much space the mentioned apps have taken and also the storage change option of specific apps. After this, you will see an option to “Erase SD Card” or “Format SD Card”.
- Here you need to confirm the options from “Erase SD Card” or “Format SD Card”. After you confirm, your SD card will be deleted completely. If you have data on internal storage, there is no need to worry about it. That part will not be touched and only the SD card will be formatted.
- Now check if error 492 is fixed in Google Play Store.
3. Do a Factory Reset Of The Device:
This is the last option that helps to completely get rid of Google Play Store error code 492 on Android phones. A factory reset will erase every data from the phone, so before proceeding, back up all your files and stuff to a safe place.
Now follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Then click on the Backup and Reset option.
- After that, click on Factory Data Reset.
- That’s it. Now your device becomes a new phone and you won’t get error 492 again while accessing Google Play Store.
4. Re-Add Your Google Account:
As mentioned above in the causes section your Google account may be the problem for this error, so it is better to add your Google account again to fix error 492.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, open Settings > Accounts > Google Account.
- Now click on Remove Account.
- Then, re-enter your Google account.
- Finally, after adding your Google account to your account, check if the Google Play Store error 492 is resolved..
5. Uninstall Updates From Google Play Store:
Another possible solution that allows you to get rid of error 492 in the Play Store is by uninstalling updates.
Below are the steps to follow:
- First, open the Settings menu > Go to Apps > Look for Google Play Store.
- Click on Google Play Store> and then Uninstall Updates. By doing this, all other updates installed after the factory version will be uninstalled from the device.
- Now repeat the same process to uninstall updates from Google Play services.
- After doing all these steps, you can check if the problem is fixed or not.
6. By using Lucky Patcher App:
This is not a very easy method but still, if you pay close attention to your screen, the process is very fast and easy. You have to follow the below-mentioned steps and prompts in the Lucky Patcher app wisely and carefully.
Here are the steps:
- Download the Lucky Patcher app.
After installing Lucky Patcher, open the app.
With the help of Lucky Patcher find apps installed on your device or have corrupted files that give birth to error 492 and remove them.
After finding and fixing all the corrupted apps, reboot your Android device.
Many times Android users come across such errors while downloading or installing or updating apps from Play Store. If you have seen Google Play Store Error 492 on Android, we hope this blog will surely help you to get rid of the problem. Also, don’t forget to use Android Repair to fix the error instantly.