Google Play Services is a new service provided by Google to simplify people’s lives. Now you don’t have to wait for the next Android update (which usually depends on manufacturers and carriers) to enjoy the many benefits of updated Google APIs. Google can now silently update Google Play services through the Google Play Store. You should note that more Google apps are now available in the Play Store. Google Keyboard, Google Calendar, etc.
The best thing about Google Play Services is that it supports older versions of your Android device up to Froyo. It is a boon in disguise as it saves people time and effort and is very convenient. In the frame of the original Google, they are currently gearing up for a brand new venture, Google is leading the way in another exciting goal where you can keep and share your favorite music, movies, books, and applications all in one place. Unfortunately, Google Play services stopped is a very common problem. But don’t worry, unfortunately, Google Play services stopped, we have 6 ways to fix it. After following one of these ways, you can overcome this problem.
1. Clear The Google Play Services App Cache:
You should know that Google Play services, like other software, save temporary files in the form of cached data. However, when a large amount of cached data is saved over time, the software starts misbehaving and raising similar issues. Follow the instructions below: So, to fix the problem, due to the Google Play services issue, you should try to clear the app cache. To do so, follow these steps:
- To get started, you need to navigate to Settings and select Apps.
- Search for Google Play Services in the list and then click on it.
- Now your next task is to select Storage from the drop-down menu.
- Then, on the Clear Cache button, you need to click.
- Finally, you can restart your phone and see if it works.
2. Delete Google Play Store’s, Cached Data:
If clearing the Google Play Services cache does not resolve the issue, you should proceed to clear the Google Play Services data. However, keep in mind that doing this procedure will erase all account information, including Google Account passwords and credentials.
- To get started, you need to go to Settings and then Apps.
- Search for Google Play Store in the list of applications and click on it.
- Now you need to select the storage to go further in the process.
- Then, select Clear Data and Clear Cache options to delete it.
- Finally, you should restart your device to see if the problem is repaired.
3. Re-Add Your Google Account:
If you have an error message on your screen that unfortunately shows a Google Play services error, you should try to prevent it by removing and re-adding your Google account on your device. Sometimes, this error may appear due to some error caused by your Google account.
If it is open on more than one system, an error may occur and therefore, as a precaution, you should re-add your Google account and log in again. This prevents the error from happening and relieves you of your worries. You can continue to use Google Play services without any hindrance.
4. Verify Internet Access:
To work on the device, Google Play services require an internet connection. If your internet connection is not good enough, the performance of this app will suffer and you may get this error. In this scenario, there are some simple solutions to Internet problems, including:
- First of all, you need an internet connection on and off.
- If you are using mobile data, you can switch to WiFi or switch to WiFi.
- Your device’s Airplane Mode may be enabled and disabled.
- If you’ve tried everything and the internet is still giving you problems, move on to the next option.
5. Update Google Play Services to the latest version:
One of the main causes of Google Play services error is outdated versions. Hence, it is suggested to update the app first and check if the issue persists. Here’s how to do it:
- To get started, go to the Google Play Store from the home screen.
- Now, tap on the three horizontal lines menu on the left.
- From the menu, go to the “My Apps and Games” option.
- There you will find all the apps installed on your phone. Look for “Google Play Services” and tap on it.
- Now, press “UPDATE” and it will start updating.
- After a successful upgrade, check if the Google Play services error still pops up.
So, this is all about “Google Play Services Keeps Stopping on Android”. Please comment on this article. Please leave us a comment if you have any queries or queries. Hope the given information solves your problem. Do let us know how you liked this article through comments.